Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Friday, January 14, 2011

Gorilla Glue Vs The Glove

Those of you who have been playing at the ICC a while probably remember that for a while I had to wear fucking gloves to play.  They were NFL wide receiver gloves.  And while the grip on them was great for ball-handling, I couldn't shoot for crap since the ball didn't come off the gloves normally.

Anyway, the reason I had to wear them was because my hands become so dried and cracked that the skin splits apart and bleeds in dozens of places (no matter what I try to do to help them).  So every time I played ball, they re-opened and bled all over.  The gloves helped and eventually they heeled, but every winter they threaten to get bad all over again.

Yesterday, my wife (the glorious Wendy) read in the USA Today about using Super Glue to seal paper cuts and other little splits on your hands.  I had thought about this before, but hey, with the USA Today's endorsement, I'm going for it.  So this morning, I used Gorilla Brand Super Glue on my split/cut finger.  Lo and behold, it worked like a charm.  It formed a hard protective shell and my skin didn't split any more.  Made the ball a little harder to hold on to (slippery), but no big deal.

So, now you know, if I come to hoops, and my fingers all are stuck together or look webbed, it's because I spilled the glue - because now I'm doing this all winter.

Stats coming later along with some other analysis and charts.

Later.

No comments: