Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friday is anomaly day

21 guys showed up to hoops on Friday, although there were only 8 at 12:05 - slow for a Friday.  I've recorded stats for 8 sessions since I restarted the blog and we are already at 60 different players.  Unfortunately today was the first time I didn't get one of the player's names.  He came late and I didn't play in any of his games, thus the "unk" on the player list.

Here are today's stats...


The next chart is the cumulative stats, but ONLY for players with at least 15 games played since I began tracking things again in December...


As a matter of fact, if you add up just the players who have played at least 20 games, they are 248-199.  A stat that seems to intimate that maybe (as a group/on average) the guys who are more talented play more often - and maybe the less talented guys (on average) are only occasional players.  There are clearly exceptions: for example I play all the time and am NOT one of the more talented guys and Brandon plays only spottily and is very talented.
Lastly, here is the Game Winning Shot chart.  Talk about anomalies, before today, I had gone 7 sessions without a single GWS - today I hit 4.



No comments: