Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sidebar - A little nostalgia

A couple of years ago, I used to keep track of who came to hoops and (just) my own personal w/l record. I revisited that spreadsheet today and checked out the info. It's from 2006. During that time (Feb-Nov), I was playing in both Open Gym and 40+ hoops (Tue & Thu). To back up my assertion that your personal w/l is related to your skill level within the group, here are my stats during that time...


I was 322-394 (45.0%) during open gym (M/W/F)


I was 149-106 (58.4%) during geezer hoops (Tu/Th)


Obviously my skills were exactly the same no matter when I played, but the crowd on Tu/Th was weaker. I ran up lots of points (literally) but running by everybody a lot.


It's also interesting to see who came to Open Gym in 2006. During the 9 months there were 202 (that's right, 202) different guys who showed up (you try keeping track). Here are the most frequent attendees...





Remarkable how mostly it's the same guys. Haven't seen Ben, Bill, or Chris in a while. You gotta miss Bill pounding the ball before he passed and Chris's quasi-slow motion uncanny finishing around the hoop.

No comments: