Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Friday, November 14, 2008

A Sea of Players & What the frak's with the gloves?

On the right is a picture of noon hoops today. It was a sea of dudes. 28 in all, and even though I've been doing this now for 7 weeks, just today there were 7 new players. Crazy. Lots of games recorded and several missed. It was a record 19 games that I got the results from and yet I missed the results of at least 4 games, almost all from the far court. Those guys have several results absent from their stats today. Oh well, I guess I need more agents writing down results on days like these. As I've written before, any given result is random and the very nature of wins and losses is that half the guys are happy I missed those games and half the guys are bummed.


Also, in the last week several guys have asked me what the hell is up with the gloves I wear. If I haven't told you before and you didn't read the earlier blog entry, it's because my hands are all cracked and cut. No matter what goo I put on them, the combination of hoops, home stuff and winter make them crack like the "night of 1000 paper cuts". If I didn't have the gloves I'd be bleeding all over the ball - nobody wants that. The gloves are a little sticky, so they help my dribbling some, but hurt my shooting a little - and it wasn't that great to start with.

By the way, great NBA games on Friday night, my TIVOs will be getting a workout from NBA League Pass as I'm taping 5 games, sweet. One game I'm not taping is Indiana vs Philly (who would tape that?) but I had it on while I was compiling today's stats and the Pacers went up 22-2 and then 38-13 in the 1st quarter. Nice.

Here are today's stats (what I got)...


Here are everybody's cumulative stats...



And here is my self indulgent stat of the day. This is everyone's record against me. It doesn't matter who else was on my team or who else was on yours, only that you and I were opponents in the game. So, in other words, I've faced a team with James on it 10 times and he is 9-1 against me (that makes me 1-9 against him). Keep in mind that my overall winning % is 43%. That means that the average opponent I face has won 57% of the time (so if your winning % against me is 57%, you've done typical against me and my teams). That's why 57% is about the middle of the chart. Obviously this doesn't mean anything about who was covering whom, just that we were on opposite teams. For instance Jack is 11-15 against me (that makes me 15-11 against him), but if I had to cover him all those times, I'm guessing his teams would have won more often. This is just guys I've played at least 10 games against.


By the way, my wife's guacamole is better than yours.

No comments: