Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Jib Bruise

While we all get a variety of nagging injuries: sprained ankles, crooked fingers, floor burn, etc. My favorite by far is the Jib Bruise. I've always had love handles, even when I was young and in my best shape - I can thank my unfortunate genetics for that. Anywho, because I have the glorious love handles, one consequence is that when guys go up for a rebound or shot against me, sometimes when they come down, if they collide against me or come down against my side, they might compress my love handle into the top of my hip bone. Thus creating an awesomely boysenberry colored little chub of skin I like to call the Jib Bruise. They don't hurt much and you don't see them unless you are looking, but when you do catch a glimpse, you are reminded that it is because you are shaped much more like an accountant than a basketball player - and don't we all wish for that?

No comments: