Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Crazy Friday Again & "To Steve-Out"




The picture above is what the board looked like before the first game even started today. There were people everywhere - it looked like an AAU tryout camp. As a matter of fact, at 11:50 there were already four full teams signed up. As a result, of course, I missed many games in recording today's results. But I should have that problem solved from now on as I'm now going to bring sheets that are easy to fill out for guys on other courts to write down the results and give them to me. TK helped a lot today by snaring the results of 5 games I wouldn't otherwise have. Hopefully, I won't have to miss any games anymore with the new sheets and others helping. Thanks to Erik for emailing me the pic.

Anyway, though I missed many games, I still recorded 17 of them... Here are today's results...




One of my wins came in the game the was the birth of the phrase "To Steve-Out". I'm not 100% sure (I don't remember the first basket or two), but I think that Steve scored all 21 points in the win for our team. I've seen this done before by Anthony - who does it by dominating physically and going to the hoop, but this is one of the few times I've ever seen one guy, who's mainly a shooter, win a game by scoring all the teams points. Nice going.



Below is the biggest chart so far, it is the wins and losses broken down by month, (I started collecting the data near the end of September)... A couple of extreme examples of disparity: Rob (pony tail) only won 24% of his games in October, but has won 55% of all his games in Nov. The reverse has happened to Jack who won 55% in October but has managed to win only 37% so far in November. This is why I talk about the data only being an accurate predictor of everyone's place in the super looooong run. Any given month or two, anything can happen.



Finally today, here are the records for tandems. Again, for those that are new to the blog, tandems are combos of two players and their records when playing on the same team regardless of who else is on the team or who the opponent is. Of course, there are a zillion tandems, so this is just those that have played at least 10 games with each other...









No comments: