Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Game Winning Shot

This is easily the most corrupted/corruptable stat I generate, because I only keep who made the GWS, I don't track HOW MANY shots they missed before they made the GWS.  There are certainly guys going for the glory who'll heave up any shot they see when it's game-point.  So, this isn't about your shooting % when the game is on the line, simply who made the GWS.

Of course, our leader, Brandon, doesn't fall into the "heave it up" category, as a matter of fact, I don't know that I've seen him miss a shot when the game was on the line.

Below is the chart, it's a little hard to read at first glance.  I haven't been able to record the GWS for each game, so the "games" and "wins" categories don't sync up with the overall totals.  I've got the GWS in 41 of the 54 games played so far.

The first column after your name is GWS made.  Next is games played (where I recorded the GWS), then the % of those games where you hit the GWS.  After that, I show your Wins (where I recorded the GWS) and the % of your wins where you made the GWS.

The reason I do both those comparisons is that you can't make the GWS in a game that your team did not win.  So, for example, Dave has made 3 GWS in 14 games played thus he made the GWS in 21% of the games he played.  However, he only won 8 of those games, so he made the GWS in 38% (3/8) of the games his team won.

No comments: