Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Rule

Short on time today, but wanted to get some results posted.

Yesterday we got in 11 games. For a while we had the dreaded 15 players and there was a lot of sitting out. Anywho, I wound up on top of the heap with a 7-1 record. Which brings me to another point... I'm guessing that there is a correlation between how many wins someone had on a certain day and how interested they are in checking the blog. It's just a little less fun to see the numbers in black and white when your winning % is below the Mason-Dixon line.

Here are today's stats...





Here are everyone's stats with at least 20 games played...





Obviously, 20 isn't a lot of games for statistical significance. So I have started looking at power rankings. My friend Carl (from 40+ hoops on Tues and Thurs - he calls it "Legends", I call it "Geezers") suggested a rating system that takes into account the winning %s of your teammates and appropriately compares and adjusts your rating overall. If you were lucky enough to play with Luke, Alvin and Steve like I was today, you should be more likely to win than not. So, to that end, I'm analyzing a few different formulas to have adjusted winning percentages that would be normalized by the rest of who was on your team. You'll be surprised how good (on average) a few guy's teams have been, and conversely, a few poor souls in their games so far have been burdened with very weak teams and so they aren't as bad as their winning % might imply.

But that's next time.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: