Click on any pic or chart to make it larger

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why...

Thanks for the nice posts and emails about the blog.  Many guys asked why I stopped, while there were lots of little reasons, mostly it was a couple of main reasons...

1.  There were many guys that at one time or another expressed bumming or angst over there W/L performance either in general or for a particular day.  The last thing I want to do is add to anyone's bumming out by shining a light on a performance they are not happy with.  No one asked to participate in my blog and I don't want to make noon hoops any less fun for anyone because I'm publishing results that bum them out.  This was true for guys rated low, medium and high.  Everyone's expectation for their own performance is highly relative.

2.  It takes a more than a little bit of attention/focus to remember and/or write down the results of all the games.  While I like having the data to do the blog, it takes some of the "hanging out" aspect away from me.  Always having to remember after the game to record the results just takes me out of the "noon hoops experience" and sometimes it's nice to just lose in peace.

3.  If I don't stop the blog, I can't someday have a Triumphant Return!  (just kidding on this one)

No comments: